Monday, August 31, 2009

Something that didn't work

A friend of mine at work has a HUUUGGEE music library available that he allows select few listening privileges to. I am on this list! YES... In this collection he has music that I grew up listening to as well as the latest Christian music. It's extensive. I have created a play list and typically work with the music pouring in through my headphones...

 

I was running a server rebuild through a deployment pack...at a point where I had a minute or 2 to myself. Lincoln Brewster was pouring through the speakers and my heart was rejoicing. I grabbed by Blackaby devotional and read today's devotional. As I was about 2/3rds through the reading, the song changed. It changed to a song by one of the groups I listened to as a kid. A non Lord glorifying song. What I experienced was kind of weird. I couldn't focus on my devotional. In fact, I became convicted and promptly removed all the worldly songs out of my playlist.

 

I am sure that there are folks out there that can do that without issue. But, for me, it was like taking a shower and using dirt as soap. It felt counterproductive. It just didn't work.

 



Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) (collectively,
this 'Email') are intended only for the confidential use of
the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient named above or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient
named above, you have received this Email in error.
Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete
this Email and any copies thereof.

No comments: